Materials & Testing Services Guide
This help guide is for faculty, students, staff and certified proctors who need to use the Materials & Testing Services (MATS) application. Use the navigation on the left or below to jump to a specific section as needed. The guide is broken up by user type to help you find information more quicky. If you aren't sure what MATS is, learn more about what MATS does.
If you need assistance please call (855) 834-2370, email email@example.com or, if chat operators are online, click the Live Chat button in the website header located at the top of every page.
Guides by User Type
Any user with an A-Number who is enrolled in a Canvas course as a teacher can find help in the Faculty User Guide.
Students with an A-Number who are enrolled in courses in the current USU term can find help in the Student Guide.
Certified proctors who are not USU staff can find help in the Proctor Guide on how to access student exam information.
Problems Signing In
Users with A-Numbers
Make sure you are using the "USU Students, Faculty & Staff Login" button on the login page. If you are using the proper sign-in button, please note the following:
- If you get a message saying your password is incorrect, please contact the IT Help Desk at 435-797-4357 (HELP).
- If you get a message that says you do not have access to the system, and know that you should have access, please make sure no one else is signed into the SSO by visiting https://login.usu.edu/cas/logout and then trying to login again.
- If you get a message that says you do not have access or receive another error, please contact Kevin Shanley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Users without A-Numbers
If you are one of our certified proctors and are having login issues, please try resetting your password before contacting us. Please only submit the reset link once as subsequent reset will invalidate previous email links. If you do not receive an email with your password reset information, make sure you are entering the correct email address in the form that matches the one we have on file for you.
Help with Error Messages
If you encounter an error while clicking a link or entering information while using MATS, you can try the following steps to resolve the issue:
- Reload the page and try again.
- Logout of MATS and log back in. Try your action again.
- Contact us via phone, email or live chat. Try to remember the steps you took that encountered the error as they can help us to resolve the issue in a timely manner. Also, try to take a screen shot of the error message and/or page you are on when encountering the error if possible.
All pages of MATS include a general navigation at the top of the page. Many pages include tabs just below the navigation and page title. The tabs show sub-content on the page. The active tab is highlighted in blue along with a blur bar below the tab name. Clicking on the different tabs will cycle through the different data on the page. View page example.