Virtual Online Proctoring with Proctorio
Utah State University has partnered with Proctorio to provide virtual proctoring options for fully online courses. Proctorio is a remote proctoring service software that works within your web browser to monitor test takers for suspicious behaviors.
- Students access virtual proctoring remotely in Canvas (no need to go to testing center).
- Audio/Video algorithms detect open book/notes/browser activity, other people in the room, and unusual behaviors (e.g. looking off screen repeatedly).
- Instructors control the level of security
- Suspicious behavior is automatically reported in Canvas.
Proctorio System Requirements
- Chrome Browser
- Chrome Proctorio Extension
- Web Camera
To Begin Using Proctorio
- Open the Google Chrome Browser.
- Download the Proctorio Chrome Extension (login required). You will not be allowed to download Proctorio unless you are currently teaching a course.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to add Proctorio to your Canvas Course.
If you need assistance with any of the steps above contact Proctorio support, firstname.lastname@example.org or 1- 866-948-2039.