Utah State University Testing Center Policies for Students
Utah State University Testing Centers promote academic integrity by supporting the student honor pledge:
“I pledge, on my honor, to conduct myself with the foremost level of academic integrity”
- All testers are required to show a government issued photo ID before taking an exam (student ID, driver’s license, military ID, passport etc.).
- All backpacks, purses, books and other materials must be inaccessible during the exam. These items should not be viewable or easily reached.
- Hats must be inspected by a proctor or inaccessible during the exam.
- Coats, jackets, gloves, sunglasses and other weather apparel must be inspected or removed and stored during the test.
- All electronic devices (e.g. cell phones, iPods, smart watches, etc.) must be shut off and stowed away during the exam.
- Watches, of all makes and models, are not to be worn by the test taker.
- Only items directly associated with the test are allowed on the student’s desk or lap. All other items are to be removed from the desk, including wallets, purses, cell phones, gloves, sunglasses and bookmarks.
- During the exam, testers are not allowed to get help with test questions from anyone else. This includes, but is not limited to, speaking with other people, texting, or emailing.
- Looking at or copying from someone else’s exam is strictly prohibited.
- Computer based exams must be taken on testing center computers. The use of personal electronic devices during an exam is prohibitied.
- Testers may not use any removable media (e.g. flash drive, portable hard drives etc.) while taking the exam unless specified by the instructor as part of the exam.
- Once the exam has started, testers are not allowed to leave the testing room until they have completed exam. Bathroom breaks may be allowed in extreme situations but will be reported to the instructor.
- No outside scratch paper is allowed. When the instructor permits, scratch paper is provided by the Testing Center. If additional scratch paper is needed during the exam a proctor should be notified. All scratch paper must be returned to a proctor upon check-out.
- Any notes permitted for use during the exam will be collected at the end of the exam unled otherwise specified by the instructor. This includes note cards and personal note sheets.
- Graphing calculators may be cleared if requested by the instructor.
- No food or drink is allowed in the testing center.
- Children, visitors and pets are not allowed in the Testing Center and cannot be left unattended in USU facilities while the student is testing. Trained service animals approved by the DRC and which perform a specific service are allowed in the Testing Room.