Virtual Online Proctoring with Proctorio
Utah State University has partnered with Proctorio to provide virtual proctoring options for courses with online exams. Proctorio is a remote proctoring service software that works within your web browser to monitor test takers for suspicious behaviors.
- Students access virtual proctoring remotely in Canvas (no need to go to testing center).
- Audio/Video algorithms detect open book/notes/browser activity, other people in the room, and unusual behaviors (e.g. looking off screen repeatedly).
- Instructors control the level of security
- Suspicious behavior is automatically reported in Canvas.
Proctorio System Requirements
- Chrome Browser
- Chrome Proctorio Extension
- Web Camera
To Begin Using Proctorio
- Open the Google Chrome Browser.
- Open the Canvas course where you want to use Proctorio.
- Add "Secure Exam Proctor" to the course navigation.
- Select "Settings" then "Navigation".
- Drag "Secure Exam Proctor" from the list of available options to the navigation items. Note:
- Select "Save" at the bottom of the page.
- After the "Secure Exam Proctor" has been added to the navigation, select it. You will be prompted to download the Chrome browser and Proctorio extension, if necessary.
- Edit the Quiz that you would like to use with Proctorio. A new tab will be at the top of the quiz settings titled "Proctorio Settings".
- For more information about Proctorio setting options review the Faculty Guide or select the Sheild icon to the top right of the browsers URL bar.
If you need assistance with any of the steps above contact Proctorio support, email@example.com or 1- 866-948-2039.